Tuesday, April 6, 2010

On our way to Kentucky....

Chad and I thought someone somewhere out there might want to know what we will be doing with ourselves when we leave town, so we decided to start blogging about the little and the big things going on in our lives....

For those of you who don't already know, I matched into the Urology residency program at the University of Kentucky in Lexington. This means I will be doing specialty training in Urology and genito-urinary surgery for the next FIVE years! And since Chad is such a good sport, he will be making the move away from his friends and family to spend the next few years in Lexington with me.

When I received the phone call from Dr. Strup at UK in January letting me know that I matched there, he surprised me by informing me that they had kept Chad in mind when they were making decisions about residency candidates: they have connections with KODA (Kentucky Organ Donor Affiliates), which just so happened to have an opening at their branch in Lexington! This means that Chad will still have the opportunity to work within the organ recovery field, but he will now be working with the organ division rather than the bone and soft tissue division. This job will be quite a bit more time-consuming than his job at ARORA (Arkansas Regional Organ Recovery Agency) i.e. he will have to actually go into the office more than twice a week :)

Right now, we are in the midst of packing and our house is becoming a maze of boxes! Chad will move in less than a week, but I still have school obligations for another three weeks, so Roxie and I will be left behind with an air mattress and some plastic utensils...




1 comment:

  1. I love that you added a picture of the plastic utensils! And I love that now I can read all about you and Chad's life from your perspective!

    ReplyDelete