Sunday, April 11, 2010

Tetris

This may be one of the few instances when years of playing video games actually benefits you in real life - moving day. Chad and our good friend Jason drew on their Tetris experience to load our moving truck in the most space-efficient way humanly possible. Not only did they load all of our belongings in about three hours (without much help from me, I must admit), but I have never seen so much stuff crammed into such a small space in so cohesive a fashion. Very impressive.

I spent numerous hours over the past several weeks packing boxes, cleaning, wrapping fragile items in newspaper followed by washing newsprint off my hands, and forcing myself to part with that pair of shoes I haven't worn in four years (still painful), but I somehow managed not to do much lifting come moving day. I guess the boys would have rather had me out of the way than interfere with their masterful packing. Fine by me!



After the truck was loaded (thank you again, Jason), we went to dinner with the guys for one last hoorah before Chad left town. He truly is lucky to have such an amazing group of friends.



No comments:

Post a Comment